09 June 2006

[spoinbljkask398[09smfa/sk}a;lks ;faisd ;oihjs;lkfj]

I think that is how you would spell the sound of someone blowing their nose.
My poor friends; they have to blow their noses a lot when they come over to my house. We have three animals and an old house that is not perfectly kept.
Last night there was a lot of nose blowing. Because last night was the first night of the religion/philosophy discussion group. I was a bit apprehensive before everyone came over because I want to make sure that everyone feels comfortable, feels heard, and has a fabulous time to boot. And I want us to learn something.
So, I think everyone felt ok mostly about most things. And that, I guess, is a good thing.
We have chosen some heavy topics for the summer. Our first night out we will be discussing Postmodernism/Relativism, tolerance, and open-mindedness. A tough order. A tall order. But, we have three weeks to prepare (thank God), and I am hoping that everyone has something interesting to bring back to the group.
Some of the other topics that we will be discussing include things like Feminism and gender roles, Separation of Church and State, Bioethics, and some other things I can't remember.
Last night we discussed how to argue well, some logical fallacies to be aware of, and worldviews.
Lots of good points were made and some fairly good discussion was had. I think everyone is still a little bit shy, but I am sure that people will overcome that through getting to know each other better.
Tonight Heather and I are going to see a film at the Fargo Theatre called "Kinky Boots." It is a story about a shoe factory that is going into bankruptcy when a transvestite and it/her/his dance troup rescues the factory from financial ruin by ordering tons of stiletto boots for their shows. Here's the best part--this is based on a true story. So, we are going to have some wine and then go see the film, and I think it is going to be an interesting experience.
I love interesting experiences.
Tonight my puppies, Molly and Priscilla, are returning from their agrarian eco-adventure vacation at my parent's farm where they have been for about a month. I am so excited to see them, even though they are going to be covered in ticks.
Ticks....gross little blood-sucking bastards.
Anyway, the puppies will probably be sad to be back in the urban jungle (if you can call this town an urban jungle), but I will be happy for some companionship and dare I say protection when Billy is working late. That's a good thing. Despite the mud on the floor and the incessant shedding of hair.
My brother and sister-in-law will also be in town; this will undoubtedly lead to cigar smoking and good discussion.
I have a feeling today is going to be a long day at work. It is 10:00, and I am completely caught up already. I am surviving the day so far by ringing my desk gong, listening to Tapes'n Tapes and Sufjan Stevens, and generally laughing about anything.
Tomorrow is World Wide Knit in Public Day, so I will be with the naughty knitters group at the event getting my yarn on (or yarn over).
So, get your yarn on!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss you, your great discussing abilities and your yearnings for interesting experiences.
ps - you and Billy blow my socks off - even though I'm only wearing flip-flops!

11:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home