19 June 2006

Mystery Plant Solved!

Thank you Ron Smith, you are now my favorite person. You have solved the mystery of the strange plant in my yard.
It is a Virginia Waterleef (which is considered a weed, but I looked, and it does have medicinal uses).
http://www.jkssite.com/BluePurple_Used/VirginiaWaterleafB3.jpg
He also identified two other mysterious plants. Turns out they are comfrey and artemesia. Comfrey has a million medicinal purposes as does artemesia (i.e. wormwood--you know the one that makes you poop parasites--awesome!).
I love finding that I have medicine in my yard.
Everyone--hug your local horticulturalist today!

1 Comments:

Blogger Kiersten H. said...

Yea for finding the "hidden" meanings for things and yea for intelligent people who help.

11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home